April 14, 2009

the most wasted of all days is one without laughter....

i'm quoting e.e. cummings. just thinking about how important it is to be able to laugh about the hard stuff in life. work stress is getting bad for me lately, so reading an interview with brian regan reminded me about keeping my sense of humor:


Brian Regan on CNN: I think comedy is a good way to deal with anything. I hear about people in the hospital who are ill, and they use humor to help them through it. I think it's a great remedy for many things.

They say a formula for comedy is comedy equals tragedy plus time. A difficult or uncomfortable situation takes place, and then you laugh about it later down the road. Sometimes I wonder if I could be so mentally healthy to subtract the time part. Like what if there is a flat tire, and it's raining outside? Instead of laughing a month later, why not laugh while you are changing tires in the rain?


(read an article about laughter and stress management here.)



i want to laugh while i'm changing the tire in the rain.

1 comment:

anne altman said...

me too!

better yet, i'd rather laugh while someone else is changing the tire in the rain.