December 30, 2011
this is a representation of the 41 words i used most in my tweets. the top words are love, gilly & awesome. is anyone surprised? LOL! of course insomnia. husband, & coffee make an appearance.
looking at this cloud of tweets, it appears that i'm pretty happy, that i love my dog, and i talk about food and music quite often. that sounds about right.
December 27, 2011
i've never been good with my diet or exercise. and now, the medicine i take for fibromyalgia has increased my apetite, and i'm gaining weight. the medicine works wonders for the joint pain, so i don't want to stop taking it.
so i've resolved to do a few things:
1. the 5 day pouch test- this is a 5 day restrictive diet, specifically for people who've had weightloss surgery. it's a liquid diet for the first 2 days (mainly protein shakes) and then soft protein based food. The theory is that by doing this, the small stomach created during gastric bypass will shrink back to something close to the original size.
as part of the 5 day diet, there is no caffeine or alcohol allowed. 5 days without my morning coffee or evening wine. i have to start cutting back on these things slowly, to prepare for the 5 day diet.
after the 5 days, i need to follow the original weightloss surgery rules: protein first, lots of water, exercise, and limited carbs (just vegetables and fruit.) and no snacking.
i've ordered protein shakes and a cookbook with recipes specific to weightloss surgery people.
2. exercise: i've always hated exercise. treadmills are so boring. and with the fibromyalgia and arthritis, it's hard to walk sometimes. the only exercise i've ever liked is swimming. so i've done some research and found 2 facilities nearby that offer pool passes for indoor heated pools. i'm going to check them both out this week.
3. acupuncture: i'd like to give this another try. especially for insomnia. (as i write this post it's 3:15am.)
4. yoga 30 day challenge: this is something a few of us at work are going to try. the goals are to eat at least one vegetarian meal a day, do 15 minutes of yoga, and 15 minutes of meditation. i think it will be fun to do this challenge with my work friends.
5. dan & gilly: i want to take gilly on more walks. i want to cook healthy meals for dan. i want us all to be in good health.
i feel like 2012 can be the year that i focus on my health, and make big improvements. as long as i keep taking baby steps, i'll be in better health.