January 19, 2008

scanner fun......

glittermom with her mom (my grandma may)

my favorite pic of my grandpap. (did anyone else call their grandfather "grandpap"?)

i have no idea who these guys are, but it was one of my favorite pics in my grandma's old photo album. they look famous!

i think the lady in the middle is my great grandma. i like the hat.

glittermom being patriotic ...

ever since groundcat got obsessed with genealogy, i've been wanting to scan some old family photos. my grandma and i used to look at these old photos all the time. i wish i could remember more of the stories she told me.

my favorite bedtime story, the one i requested over and over, was her tale of the town drunk who went to the outhouse and fell down a cliff. they found his body in the river a few days later, all bloated and green and black. tell me again, grandma!!!!

more photos soon.

3 comments:

Erin O'Brien said...

Love this post. Love soup. Have patience with the meme!

luvluv---

e.

Carlo said...

I love the pictures, it's great you have so many of your family going so far back! Disturbing bed time story though, but would we expect any less from glitter girl? ;)

glittermom said...

If you look at the sign on the bldg behind my grandmother it says Rooms $2...running water is extra....