January 18, 2008

shocking new beverage!!!

i stopped at kenny's for some beer. to drink or not to drink? yeah, well, friday night is a good night to have a few beers and just kick back. i made an awesome new crock pot recipe (soon to be blogged) and we wanted a good beer. so i stopped at a cool little place down the road. the owner is nice and knows his fancypants beer.

so i picked up a nice beer and went to the counter. then i saw this:
this is a combo of the worst things: cheap beer and tomato juice. blech!!! chelada is the worst thing i've ever heard of! it's like V8 juice (which i HATE) combined with crappy beer. mix some cold tomato soup with your beer? HORRIBLE!!!

i wonder what my old beer snob friends thing of this monstrosity?
addendum: it's worse then i thought. it's not V8 juice, it's clamato!!!!

"a drink made primarily of reconstituted tomato juice concentrate and reconstituted dried clam broth, with a dash of high fructose corn syrup, and USDA Red 40 to maintain a 'natural' tomato colour"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not beer snob, in fact I drink Budweiser if I'm going to drink beer, but wow, that sounds terrible!!

Mojito Libre said...

A cold Budweiser on a hot day is not a bad way to go. I'm not a beer snob by any means...in my fridge, it's common to see Coors Light, High Life, Bud or the like sitting next to Great Lakes, Bells, Rogue, Thirsty Dog, etc.

Beer and tomato juice (and I know people that drink that...they're usually over the age of 70) never seemed to appeal to me.

This, however, is way more disgusting because I believe that is not just Bud and V8...isn't Clamato clam juice and tomato juice mixed? That, my friends, is a recipe for a red seafoody nightmare on the tiles at 4am.