January 1, 2008

new year, new job, same old pics of dogs


well, it's 2008. we went to my mom's for dinner (including some gross but delicious ham hocks.)

we watched the ball drop on times square and dick clark wish everyone a "happy dew year!" and had a great time staying in on new year's eve. i made an awesome smoked sausage & bean soup in the crock pot. i tried to play the ukulele and sucked, then the dulcimer and did a little better....

today we walked the dogs out in the snow and i took a bunch of photos, soon to be published on my photo blog.

tomorrow i start the new job and i am pretty calm. i know it could end up being a huge disaster, leaving my safe old job. but i need a change, and i am 77% sure i made the right choice taking the new gig. and if it goes badly, there's always my dream job, being a barista at starbucks

i started to write down some new year's resolutions. i want to keep practicing the bass, and learn more then "iron man". i am going to pack my lunch for work and cut way down on fast food. i want to find some kind of exercise that i don't hate. mainly i want to follow warren zevon's advice and enjoy every sandwich. that famous quote of his (made when david letterman asked him what he'd learned about life since being diagnosed with terminal cancer) really could be a motto to live by.

groundcat posted a video that i would boss everyone to go watch. it's an amazing song and the video is one of the most lovely things i've ever seen.

ok, time to add some recent photos to this boring blog post. i am guessing i won't be able to blog from the new job, at least not at first. bummer.....

3 comments:

Whitey said...

I know a Primus riff or two I can teach you on the bass if you ever drag your lazy carcus over here. Were not opposed to making a trip to Mento; however, I wasn't sure you would want your place invaded by kids (or at least a baby during the week).

I can do a little TooL as well, but you better hurry while I still remember how to get funk-a-fried!!!

Groundcat said...

these are some of my favorite pictures. nice camera. :)

copaX said...

I can hear gwiffin telling you all about the snow..

"mom...mom!...MOM!!!! THERE'S SNOW!!! LOOK!!! LOOK!!!! LOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!!! SNOOWW!!!!!!!!! *runs around in circles* SERIOUSLY!!! HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?!"