October 30, 2007

i'm way too excited about dinnerware

I Y PFALTZGRAFF!!!!!

i take back all the bad stuff i've said and blog fighting with my mom. she gave me this awesome set of dishes!!! They are the "folk art" pattern and i am signing up for some kind of registry so people can go buy me more of this stuff!

there's even a little container for my packs of splenda, and these pieces on the right for god know's what!

my favorite is this dumb little heart shaped bowl. i was so excited to eat leftover spatzles in it!!!

notice my cool michael myers tshirt. also, mom, what are spatzles?
now that i have these cool plates, i need to make room for them. they are large and heavy and it's a huge set. so i am moving the spices i don't regularly use. i decided to "think outside the box" and put them in a cabinet in an old easter gift bag. i am a super genius!



these are the spices i am keeping in the cupboard. i was suprised to see i have "cheesy popcorn seasoning" as well as "cheese flavored seasoning- cheesoning". i'm so confused!!!!! and there's no wiki entry for this, so i have to go by the label. cheesoning is cheddar and then all kinds of spices and things, and my black friends in columbus cooked with it a lot. and i think my mom puts it in pasta salad.


here is a photo (left) more rare then bigfoot or the loch ness monster. groundcat cooking. he stirred the boiling pasta for almost the whole 7 minutes until it was done! and he was even game to try brussel sprouts, since, as he put it, they were "covered in butter and might not be too horrible."



the final shot on the bottom right is not the usual "method acting" groundcat employs for photos. he really hated those brussel sprouts!

9 comments:

glittermom said...

I don't think you have to stir pasta the whole time its cooking...maybe once or twice so it doesn't get stuck together...and I think brussel sprouts are tiny cabbages...maybe I could make some tiny cabbage rolls(with sauerkraut) with them...

glittermom said...

You might want to be aware that spices do have a shelf life and it isn't forever...although they don't put a shelf life on them...very odd, but then they don't put the insect content on the ingreds either...they say spices have a lot of insects or parts...

glittermom said...

Groundcat looked real happy to be trying the brussels but the end result wasn't so good...Oh well...I'm sure he'd like the cabbage rolls or brussel rolls with kraut...

Primordial Dork said...

I love brussels sprouts!

GLITTERGIRL said...

sds- yeah, i like them too.

maybe brussel sprouts in a nice pork aspic would be good? LOL!

mom- shut up about the spices! he's going to throw my entire easter bunny gift basket in the trash!

Anonymous said...

Poor tiny Hen pecked Dan!

GLITTERGIRL said...

hen pecked???? oh gosh, that hits a nerve! especially since "poor tiny dan" is way more bossy then me. he is a secret undercover bossy guy. ha ha ha!!!

someday i will get some hidden video of him bossin' me around...

Anonymous said...

I don't think you know what super genius means.
Glittermom... She has a lot of comments, huh?

Erin O'Brien said...

GG,

We are SOOOOOOO Cleveland. I make spatzles too!