January 14, 2009

losing my mind at work (or how insomnia is turning my brain to mush)

(this sign was hung at the last desk i was moved to. i have no idea what it means, but i've decided i like it, so i brought it to my new desk!)


Coworker: how's that weird HTML problem look to you now? on this end your text is normal again
Me: i did something "normal"??? awesome!!!

later on.......

Coworker: mmmmm.... I'm smelling cinnamon but I don't think that anyone around here is doing anything with that spice
Me: are you sure you don't have insomnia too? or having a seizure of some kind?
Coworker: I smell cinnamon sometimes . And no - I can sleep at a moment's notice
Me: no, that's oranges. if you smell oranges you're in trouble!
Coworker: No I don't think any seizure is occurring
Me: oh, you're one of "those people", who "sleep"....
Funny Coworker: burnt toast is a stroke
Me: sleep braggart!!! (oh yeah, that's right about burnt toast)
Coworker: Yes, sorry. I learned that in college. I sleep anywhere any time
Me: if someone makes a burnt cinnamon toast sandwich and peels and orange, you might think you were a goner!!!

3 comments:

copaX said...

actually I think it's almonds

glittermom said...

What the heck is going on over there!

Mojito Libre said...

I've gotta go with glittermom on this one. Plus, don't you sit by just one other person? Who is the third party or is that all in your head?