1. facebook is still eating up my precious blog time. i've posted the "25 things about me" and "20 favorite songs" on facebook, while neglecting my sad blog. all those pics of our dogs & the barn that no one really cared about are now on facebook (where no one really cares about them..) i wish i could somehow connect my blog to my facebook.....
2. why i might be overweight- i just threw out my salad and ate a roll of mentos and some pork cracklings for lunch. i love mentos, chewy mint. pork cracklings are really good, like rock-hard pork rinds. disgusting & shameful to eat though. i keep buying them, saying i'll only eat one or two and save the rest for griffin & cleo. i think i'm in denial.
3. movies- on valentine's day we went to see friday the 13th. it was all blood and boobs, as expected. i couldn't sotp laughing at the chick who water-skied, topless. she had her own heavy metal theme music. they showed a clip for "the watchmen" that scared the crap out of me. something about the blue glowing man with white eyes.....me no likey. a preview we thankfully didn't see was "confessions of a shopaholic." it makes me angry just seeing the idiotic poster.
4. per wiki, the blue chap who scares me is dr. manhattan. i hate dr. manhattan. if they make a figurine of him, and i know they will, he's gonna go right in our well.
5. music- ya know how my husband likes those black keys? i like them well enough, but wouldn't put them in my top 10, ya dig. but the solo album by dan auerbach is......yeah. it sounds old & familiar, sinister and hopeful, i don't know...just a grungy, sludgy, beautiful mess. i got the new morrissey album and officially have a crush on the old fop again. and the smiths remastered double album is amazing.
6. my job- i am trying to follow the rules about not blogging about work stuff. my current job is...probably going to end by spring. a casualty of the bad economy and all that. i'm looking into new career options and am leaving towards becoming a magnate. or else maybegrow my nails real long....
7. this lady broke a nail recently. spending my lunch hour looking at pics of this lady and her nails is worse then the whole pork cracklings thing.
8. another movie- we watched "unforgiven", the clint eastwood western from the early 90's. i've never seen it, but always wanted to. i loved it. just beautifully filmed, great acting and interesting plot. it was a classic western but also a bit of a morality tale. in the end, no one was really a hero or a "good guy". they were all flawed and making mistakes. it reminded me of "burn after reading", a modern film whose every character was a bit....unlikeable, but compelling.
9. and finally, last night around 9pm, we caught the tale end of a new reality show. or at least i think we did. it looked so....horrible....and made no sense. i had to ask dan if i'd taken my ambien by mistake and might be hallucinating. it was called something like, "smile, you're under arrest!!!" and it was god awful.