December 11, 2008

fancy new cubicle......

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

what's funny/sad is that "a nice cubicle" has come to mean so much to me.

but wait..... why do i find that funny/sad? i mean, i work in an office, at a computer (well, 3 computers right now.) i spend over 8 hours a day at this desk. so having some place to put my crap that is somewhat comfortable, that's just a basic need. to have a clean room with a real desk, and drawers (to put my 8 million uneaten protein bars in) means something to me.

i am lucky to have found a nice little cubicle to spend my 8-9 hours a day. i sit next to someone pleasant and amusing. i have room for my photos of dogs & husband, and assorted crappola. it's pretty cool!

of course that could change by tomorrow, and i could be spending my lunch break blogging from a broom closet. like the little match stick girl, in the gutter!

he he he......

11 comments:

glittermom said...

wow looks like you even have kitchen cupboards...now you need that espresso machine on your desk and a tiny frig

Jen said...

and a foreman grill like the guy i used to sit with!!! he made a reuben one day that smelled so good.... but it was odd sitting in an office while someone grilled meat at their desk.

Mojito Libre said...

A foreman grill?? That's what the copier's for! When the glass heats up after 10 copies, just slap some pastrami down and close the cover. Bam! Hot pastrami sammich!

/I would like to say that I am not the pleasant and amusing office mate
//I'm currently trying to fend off some random guy who wants dibs on my new desk...

Jen said...

mojito- did you just say "bam"? you watch the food channel, don't you, emeril???

Groundcat said...

sorry you lost your window view. here's a webcam ontop of the terminal tower http://www.camvista.com/usa/ec/cleveland.php3

Groundcat said...

actually, this is my favorite one. you can control it. http://robocam.newsnet5.com

Mojito Libre said...

F. Emeril! I'm all about Alton!

Jen said...

groundcat- i don't like the robo-cams. for some reason they give me a headache. not unlike the google map sattelite camers. must be a chick thing!

mojito- alton is better then emeril, but he needs to cut his hair. i see his grape commercials and am very uncomfortable with his thinning, but grown out hairstyle.

reminds me of a character on "30 something" or jack nicholson in the last 70's. blech.

rachel said...

Does having a new fancy cubicle mean more job security?

Mojito Libre said...

It's just a higher pedestal to fall from....

Jen said...

yeah, i could be working in a broom closet on monday, or laid off. it changes constantly, and i've learned to come in, do good work and forgot about job security.

TGIF!