March 31, 2008

stuff

my new socks, griffin is guarding his toy from you-know-who
he kept up his guard, then went and made a new "found art" installation
these 2 look like they are up to no good!
dan's great aunt ruth (who built the house we live in now) was, besides being an amazing gardener & creating her own perfumes, was an amazing artist. dan's mom showed me some of her piece and i got some pics. the image on the right has nothing to do with great aunt ruth. i just forget i have that tattoo sometimes, and when i see it i'm surprised.

my mom's kitchen after sunday dinner is always a buzz, and some flowers at my house are blooming despite the snow...
my mom's cats and some flowers from my place. snow drops, i think they are called...

great aunt ruth painting and stieff tiger
rocking chair in the bedroom and the bathroom i want to paint pink & brown.....

here's the before and after shot, of me trying to help dan's mom catalog family memorabilia, and then breaking it...
now on to some random yammering!

2 things i've heard people say recently that cracked me up: "that sign has way too much cursive to even read!!!" "i named the monkey, now you have to name the gnome!!!" i shall not provide any explanation or context.

time to take stock in my life: i look up some weird stuff on google and wiki, but a few days ago i found myself looking up dom delouise and just thought to myself, "how did i end up at the point in my life where i am looking up info on dom delouise?"

lessons learned: chicken pot pie is never good in the microwave. even if the box tells you it's better in the microwave. that is a lie. don't listen to the box! you bake that damn chicken pot pie, even if it's going to take an hour!!!
that's it for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your moms bedroom looks like a vintage photo. Or maybe like a crime scene photo- like 'This is the bed Harriet was chained to'.

glittermom said...

thats not my bedroom...Its the cats bedroom...they have their own...Doesn't every cat? and you can blame the red walls on Glittergirl...