January 30, 2008

true nerd confessions...

i admit it, i'm a poetry geek. i've written poetry since high school and had a few things kinda sorta published (once in some poetry compilation at OSU that i cannot remember the name of, and once in a zine. and if you know what a "zine" is, you're as old as me!)

i love e.e. cummings and charles bukowski best. funny, not a lot in common between those 2. anyways, click HERE to watch a great youtube clip of old buk talking about (as the tags say) poetry, shit and beer. days run away like horses over the hills is amazing, with lots of sad bastard poems.

(i think zines were the precursor to blogs. sort of the hard copy version of what is now online.....interesting to think about.....)
groundcat and i both love bookstores. it's one of our favorite ways to spend a lazy sunday, just going to border 1/2 priced books. we found a wonderful bookstore in larchmont called loganberry books that might be my all time fav. it's almost all used books and i could spend an entire day in there!
ok, boring geek ramble done. over & out!

3 comments:

copaX said...

gosh, who hasn't written poetry before. I used to have a personal site where I had a bunch of stuff I wrote back in high school. Couldn't do it today if I tried, must've fried my poetry synapses since then.

I used to have a major weakness for bookstores, I haven't gotten hooked on them again, though hearing about you two spending a day looking through a half-priced bookstore is sounding more an more intriguing. dammit! now I'm gonna have to stop by borders on the way home from work

Anonymous said...

Get rid of the crayons! what are you in elementary school?

copaX said...

I'll have you know, anonymous, that I myself colored with crayons this weekend. Do you have a problem with me too? ;-)