October 9, 2006

update on life and melonhead hunting.........

things are going well and i finished moving in. the final chore was moving all my books and book shelves. my trick is to bag the books up in trash bags and toss them around. it seems like a good idea every time, til the bags start ripping open. and then i am left with a mountain of books to organize and shelve... but i don't mind doing it and always have a swell attitude!

see, even the dog are in there helping me!

ceasar discovered griffin's favorite toy (his bee). so far he hasn't killed it and seems to enjoy carrying it around and shaking it.

griffin discovered the couch, where he is NOT supposed to be!

even though we both came down with colds, the weekend ended up being wonderful. first of all, we got cable! we were so excited. and within 10 minutes, we were bored. in fact, i think the things we ended up watching ("the shining" and "fargo") are things we own on DVD already. but i did find a channel i like to call the "asian crying channel", that features asian/indian films and soap operas, sometimes dubbed sometimes subtitled, but always melodramatic. the girls are always crying, and you can assume it's something those quiet, moody boys have done to them.

for the first time since i made it this spring, my stained glass is hanging in a window large enough to fit it. i came home from running errands on saturday to find it hanging in the front window and it took my breathe away.

i spent the weekend watching the sun hit it from every angle through out the day, and then pointing it out. i am sure after a few hours, dan will regret every hanging the damn thing!
(example, "oh my gosh, dan, look! the sun is coming through it and the colors are hitting the couch!" an hour later.... "dan, look again! now the colors are on the carpet!")

saturday i also had my "practice run" with the madison historical society. i volunteered to help out at next weekend's tour of homes, and will hopefully have some pics for the blog. i got to see a really cool old house, and it's always fun to nib-nose (as my mom puts it) around other people's homes.

nib-nose is glittermom talk for nosing around. another thing she used to say when i was growing up is, "jesus crime-i-net-ly!" (sp???) what does that mean and does anyone else say that?

sunday was a day to rest up and have chicken soup, but we managed to drag our butts off the couch (and away from cable) and get some fresh air. we got online and did some research to find a cool old cemetary and the lundgren barn.

i will update the photoblog with some pics from our adventures in melonhead hunting!

3 comments:

glittermom said...

hmmmm ! Do I sense a barn fixation ? BEWARE THE BARN.....

Anonymous said...

Or, in my case, the barn should beware of me. (o;

As for the books; When I was packing my things up to store in my parents' attic before I moved to New York, I discovered that about half of what I own (by volume; About 90% by weight) consisted of books. Lots, and lots, and lots of books. What a pain in the butt!

I've found that milk crates and boxes are the best. Plastic bags rip and the books bend, hurts the books and makes a mess. Or, you can always donate them to a library. I think that is what I am going to end up doing with a lot of my books - I'm not looking forward to moving tham all again!

duchessdoright said...

Ah, the quiet moody boys. My downfall...