I just got a chair massage at work- (thanks big corporation!!!) Love it. They have these cute little grab items which are thoughts for a healthier mind. I picked one at random, so fate would tell me what I need. Mine said "Ask for what you want". Astounding. I really looked at it for a minute. How simple. And straightforward. And something I would never think myself. Now, I am not a flaming idiot or a simpleton of any nature, but I think sometimes we are programmed to be too diplomatic and PC, to the point we really get away from our true selves. If I want something, no one will read my mind. There is no one whose job it is to make sure I have what I want or need. That stopped years ago. So, I better get on the ball and tell people what I want, or not get frustrated when I do not get it.
Another thought, I think people have such an awakening turning 40, not because of the actual number it represents, but because the 30's seem to slip by. I realized the other day I am 36 years old. Now some people will say this is young, while others may see me as old. I see me as surprised. I swear I just turned 32. Not sure why exactly that age, but that seems to be about where I am. Time flies by. My mom always used to say it, but I never believed it as a child. Sometimes it seems like time is slipping away and there are things I want to do, that I am not getting done. Other times, it seems like I have so many years to accomplish my goals. It seems like there is never time to just breathe. I am very busy, but I don't get to do everything I want. I guess it is time to cut out the filler. If I don't love it, why bother? It's my life, and I only get 1. Why put off being happy, or doing what I truly want to do?
(also,here's a poem UC freak wrote about me on groundcat's blog comments....)
Anally retentive, that's my girl,
Analyzing little witch, that's my girl,
She cannot be left in the dark
I explain that it wasn't a lark
Inquisitive little GG, that's my girl.
Sometimes things are just beautiful because they are.
Comments