May 24, 2006

these are the days....

i've got that 10,000 maniacs song stuck in my head. "these are the days..." i think it was played for every sappy tv show back in the mid-90's at some point. whatever, i like it!

david and i have always talked about a concept called "halcyon days". the days between seasons when the weather is perfect and the sky is bright blue. colors are so vivid and every smells great. just perfect and intense. i think laurie anderson talked about the term. but according to wikipedia, my definition is wrong.

"Halcyon days are calm days; a reference to the fourteen days of calm weather the ancients believed to precede the winter solstice that coincided with the brooding of the Halcyon--fabled to be in nests floating on the sea--because the birds charmed the winds and waves so that seas were especially calm."

so i am walking around with sappy songs playing in my head, noticing the beautiful sky. i'll probably end up walking in front of a bus, but for now it's fun.

in other news: i am completely addicted to slim jims! gross!!!! my breakfast today was a latte and a super slim jim. ah yes, the breakfast of champions.....

ok, if anyone's bored i have some new videos saved out on you tube. i plan on spending the next 5 days off AWAY from computers, so enjoy!!!

update: i am psychic! over at slate.com, there's an article about beef jerky. read it here.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well since Jennifers too busy to do any new blog I guess I should comment on this one....I got nothing!

Primordial Dork said...

I'll say it again,

"I gotta Slim Jim Dolly
With a Slim Jim Body"-

Andy Milonakis