February 14, 2006

happy st. valentine's day massacre!!!!!
"Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh". ~ W. H. Auden

"Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. . . . It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more". ~ Erica Jong

"Love is as unproblematic as a vehicle. The only problems are the drivers, the passengers and the road". ~ Franz Kafka

"Love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions". ~ Woody Allen

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday". ~ Noelle, Age 7 (participant in a survey of 4-8 year olds asked to define love)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh, how romantic....Is this your valentine lament....

Anonymous said...

Love has a crazy, wild moonpie face, straight-across bangs and a freaked out mermaid cupie baby tattoo thrown in for good measure.

Happy Valentine's Day, Charlton!

GLITTERGIRL said...

ah mag's....don't make me get all mushy! besides your comment above, this day is DEAD TO ME.

Primordial Dork said...

Please tell Franz Kafka love can be a Porsche or a Yugo.