November 21, 2005

when the fat suit becomes black face.....

now i thought the premise of shallow hal was pretty funny. the clips i've seen are great. and monica from "friends" in the fat suit (high school flashbacks) was funny too. it takes a lot to personally offend me.

what i do find insulting is the current trend of taking a skinny actress/model, putting them in giant fat suits. they think they are doing some kind of public service, going out in the world to see that people are mean to the fatties. the worst part is when they see themselves for the first time in the fat suit and all the work done to give them fake triple chins, and they cry.

to quote stacy, "i've never cried over being fat!"

right after the jackass on ET did her "groundbreaking" fatty story, they had a story about twin sisters dying from anorexia. each weighs about 30 pounds.

irony anyone???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually saw the show you were talking about. I must be really thick, because I don't think people really look at me too much. I think people look at everyone going by, which to me does not indicate its a fat thing. I think that lady would kill herself rather than get fat. I hope she gets fat.

Primordial Dork said...

Right on. Also being fat is pretty simple. You have a certain body and a certain metabolism and you have to manage it or accept it. I don't wake up everyday feeling sorry for Tom Cruise for being a short, dyslexic psycho dumbass, so why should Tyra Banks pity me?

I have felt more conspicuous on the East Coast than in the midwest, but I still think fat people with BMIs less than say 30 can do whatever they want without crying in this country. Over that and if you have health problems you deserve help if you want it.

I have to go get my reheated homemade mac and cheese made with a whole stick of real butter out of the microwave now....