August 20, 2005


this is the lobby i walk into every morning. it's amazing and the picture doesn't do it justice. but every morning i am stunned by my good fortune to be back downtown in such a beautiful building. then i get to my desk and panic. this new gig is really difficult! and while i know i can do it, i'm not used to having to really "try". i am used to being the smartest kid in the room! now i am overwhelmed...... so this weekend i am going to play catch up and work from home. i work in a room called "the pit". no lights on and very chilly. i love it! but everyone is new like me, and so quiet. operation "pretend to be normal" failed by day 2. i am now known as the funny girl who loves animals and is clumsy. i broke off a chunk of my desk the other day. everyone just quietly giggled at their desks. oh well, at least i have fun! and my boss is hilarious! he's so sarcastic and funny. the other day he passed me in the hall and yelled, "get back in your cage!" when i made a little crack at him he told me to "go rescue a dog!" ah.... at least there's one funny mean boy to play with!

http://www.ey.com/global/content.nsf/International/Assurance_-_Our_Approach if you want to know about the project i am on, this is a start. i am part of a team of almost a 100 people working on this project. some in NJ, GA and india! it's going to go out to 140 countries in about 2 years. the project is a huge application that auditors will use to audit companies like coke, mcdonald's, and viacom. it's gigantic!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this here looks like a right pretty place...I thought it was your office....but now I know your in the pit (of hell that is)