how stella got her blog back...
yeah, dumb title. but i'm going with it. i finally have the urge to blog after a few days of blog-ennui and malaise. so LOOK OUT for random and meaningless, back in yer face!
from pajiba (where i steal so much of my ideas): what was the album/song/movie that forever changed your life? here' s my list off the top of my big head:
from pajiba (where i steal so much of my ideas): what was the album/song/movie that forever changed your life? here' s my list off the top of my big head:
from childhood:
film- one flew over the cuckcoo's nest
music- hank williams album (on 8 track in the van)
music- billy joel's "honesty"
film- little shop of horrors (original black & white)
from teenage years:
music- pretty in pink soundtrack (the smiths song at the end)
film- hannah and her sisters
music- repo man soundtrack (suicidal tendencies song)
music- tom waits "in the neighborhood" song and video
film- raising arizona
from adulthood:
film- royal tennenbaums
music- hem's album "rabbit songs"
music- ryan adam's "heartbreaker" album
film- me & you & everyone we know

also, groundcat and i are going out on a "double date" with rachel and david, to a fancy-pants italian joint (thanks to groundcat's gift certificate from last xmas.) we've been joking about making groundcat wear an ugly "holiday sweater", and look at all the good examples i found! i am thinking we need to have an "ugly holiday sweater party" this year. ....
now who can forget the blog excitement a few weeks back (click here if you did forget) over the set of plates my mom gave us. remember, my pattern is "folk art" and i accidentally have a bridal registry here. anyways, we used some of our coinstar amazon.com money to buy a new set of silverware and OH MY GOD, it's beautiful! it's a 8 serving set of oneida "mooncrest" and it's as magical as it sounds. i will take photos at home so you can all appreciate the beauty and quiet splendor...
ok, i'm pooped. more excitement soon. i'll have a full report (and photos) of the "italian fancypants double date" this weekend. i wonder if they will allow an antique wheelchair in the restaurant???


Comments
The movie Popeye with Robin Williams forever will hold me in terror. One night back in grade school, my dad and I were in the living room watching it, and it struck me that I had forgotten to do some homework or something. I was wracked with fear, and finally opened up to my father that I'd forgotten to do it. I think he just told me to go get it done or something, there was no major climax to it. but whenever I think of it or hear it, I get anxious.
good lord I'm depressing, I have no good stories.
maybe you could ask uncle tank for his list?
also, the film version of "popeye" was bizarre. my dad took me to see it and it made no sense. although shellie duvall is a perfect olive oil. i have posted the clip of her singing "he needs me" somewhere on this blog a while back.
but why robert altman decided to direct popeye, i will never know....
also, i thought you had a date at subway with the young man who sold you the new toyota?